Below are comments made by past clients when they came to counselling to work on their eating disorders and difficulties in therapy:
- When I was at school my friends used to tease me and say I was fat
- I am obsessed with my weight – counting every single calorie
- I pretend to eat but often throw the food away
- I take diet pills when I know I really don’t need to
- I have low self esteem so I binge eat to block everything out
- All my thoughts are about food
- I binge eat, then feel so bad I take laxatives or make myself sick
- I often eat in secret and pretend I’m just eating as normal
- I plan my binge eating with a special trip to the supermarket
- No matter how much I eat I never feel full
If you would like to look at any issues in a safe and confidential place with an experienced counsellor, or have any queries you would like to clarify, contact the Centre on 0121-429-1758.
If you would prefer us to call you back please put your contact details here.