In the past clients have arrived with these sort of concerns:-
- I feel what happened to me has ruined every relationship I’ve ever had.
- I’ve reached the point when I think I can tell somebody.
- I don’t feel I can tell my family.
- I’ve spent my whole life living with this secret and it’s eating me up inside like a cancer.
- I’ve spent my whole life feeling different.
- I can’t trust anybody.
- I just can’t seem to stop. I’m not in control any more.
- I used to have a joint occasionally to help me sleep. Now it’s every night of the week and one’s not enough.
- I wake up and I can’t remember the night before. I don’t even know how I got home. It scares me!
- I drink a bottle of wine a night. Do I have a problem?
- I have the odd line when I go out. All my friends do it. It’s just the norm.
- I started eating more when he left. I feel like I have this void within me that I just can’t fill.
- When I’m not working I just feel numb so I work more and more. I’m exhausted!
- I’ve just got to sort it or else she says she’ll leave me.
- I feel like I could lose it badly at any moment.
- I’ve got to sort it now I’ve got a child.
- I’ve been told to sort it by my boss.
- It just builds up. I feel explosive. What can I do?
- I’m scared of my partner.
- I’m scared that I’m going to really hurt somebody.
- I always have to go back to the house and check I haven’t left anything on. It’s starting to take over my life.
- I’m worried about work: I feel I’m not coping.
- I’m anxious about nobody liking me and I’m not finding a relationship.
- My anxiety about eating means I eat too much, am overweight and getting depressed.
- I check my partner’s phone because I think s/he is cheating on me. My partner saw me doing this and said they will look for someone else unless I stop.
- I just seem to fret about everything.
Bereavement & Loss
- Since my mum died I’ve just felt really miserable.
- I’m really angry with my partner for not doing more to support me.
- One loss after another – my job, my relationship and my confidence.
- Since we lost the baby we’ve just grown further apart.
- I can’t stop crying.
- It’s like I can’t feel anything.
- Nobody will talk to me about it. I want to scream at them.
- My partner’s always criticising me.
- I seem to do all the supporting.
- He just won’t talk about things, particularly feelings.
- She’s so needy.
- I try to talk about things but she just gets upset.
- I feel like I’m walking on eggshells all the time.
- It takes all my energy to get out of bed in the morning.
- My GP wanted to give me pills but I don’t want to go down that road.
- There doesn’t feel like there’s much point to anything.
- I can’t concentrate on anything & I don’t want to do anything anyway.
- I hate feeling so down all the time. Why is it happening?
- I think I’m going mad sometimes.
- I’m just not interested in sex at the moment, but I don’t know why.
- Sex always seems to be about him/her not me.
- S/he just doesn’t seem to be interested in sex at the moment.
- Sex is ruining our relationship, but neither of us are talking about it.
- My partner’s having problems but won’t talk to anybody about it. I’m feeling really frustrated.
- I can’t trust him / her.
- My partner had an affair and I can’t seem to forgive him /her.
- I seem to be repeating things in every relationship I have.
- I’m not sure I’m ready for this relationship. What should I do?
- I’m scared of my partner.
- I feel really confused about the feelings I’m having.
- I’m feeling confused, miserable & depressed about how I feel about my sexuality. I need someone to talk to.
- I want to tell my family but I’m scared what will happen.
- I always knew I was lesbian but I’ve never told anybody.
- I’ve been honest about my sexuality with my family but we’re all finding it really difficult to deal with.
- I just don’t know how to tell my partner.