Address: BCPC, 127 and 131 Pottery Road, Warley Woods, Oldbury, B68 9HE.
131 is on the corner of Warley Hall Road and Pottery Road.
127 is two doors down the road. The sign on the building says Birmingham Counselling & Psychotherapy Centre.
How to access the buildings
At 131: you will see a green door to the right of the building with a small BCPC sign above. Just inside this door you will see an intercom buzzer on the wall on the left. Press the buzzer at the time of your appointment and your counsellor will reply and use the intercom to open the door, which is on the left down the passageway.
At 127: come in through the front door, (you will hear an automatic “ding dong” bell) and go straight ahead into the waiting room marked Reception where your counsellor will come to meet you.
As you look at 131 you will see a side entrance gate to the left. Go through the gate and the entrance is through the side door on the right.
HOW TO GET TO BCPC BY CAR
(For detailed maps go to Where we are)
From West: Leave M5 at Junction 3 and follow signs for Birmingham along the A456, Hagley Road. At the junction with Wolverhampton Road turn left onto the A4123. Filter over into the right hand lane and take the first turn-off to the right into Castle Road East. At the T-junction turn left into Harborne Road. Follow the road and take the third left turn into Pottery Road. BCPC is 50 metres down the hill on the left.
From North / East – M6 / M5: Leave M5 at Junction 2 and follow signs for the A4123 (Wolverhampton Road) towards Birmingham. Carry straight on through all traffic lights until you see a large church (St Hubert’s) on your left at the top of the hill. After this take the second turning on the left into Castle Road East (the last left turn before the main junction with the A456, Hagley Road). At the T-junction turn left into Harborne Road. Take the third left turn into Pottery Road and BCPC is 50 metres down the hill on the left.
From Birmingham City Centre: Drive out along the Hagley Road, A456. After four sets of traffic lights followed by a traffic light controlled pedestrian crossing, look for a sign on the right saying Langley and Bearwood, B4182, (just after Manor Vets) which takes you into Sandon Road. Drive straight on this road through 3 sets of traffic lights for around 1.5 miles. When you see St Hilda’s Church and the Pheasant pub on your right, take the next turn on the left into Pottery Road. The Centre buildings are just up the hill on your right.
PARKING: There is off-road parking for three cars immediately to the side of the 131 Centre building and there are usually spaces on Pottery Road. Please park, if possible, on the Centre side of the road and not outside the houses immediately opposite. Please try to avoid parking along Warley Hall Road.
HOW TO GET TO BCPC BY BUS
Please visit www.nxbus.co.uk for the latest timetables and routes for the below services.
- 127, 128 and 129 – Birmingham to BCPC. Buses start from Colmore Row, Birmingham city centre to Birmingham Counselling & Psychotherapy Centre where they all stop in Pottery Road, outside the Nisa Warley Supermarket. BCPC is a short walk from here up Pottery Road. The buses run approximately every 10 minutes.
- 127 – Dudley to Birmingham via Bearwood, Brandhall and Blackheath. Runs every 30 minutes from Dudley bus station.
- 128 – Oldbury to Birmingham via Bearwood and Warley. Runs every 30 minutes from Oldbury Interchange, opposite Sainsburys.
- 129 – Merry Hill to Birmingham via Old Hill, Blackheath, Londonderry, Bearwood and Cradley Heath. Runs every 30 minutes from Merry Hill bus station.
- 48 – West Bromwich to Northfield via Bearwood, Harborne, Q.E. Hospital & University of Birmingham and Weoley Castle. Runs every 20 minutes (due to change April 2017).
* Buses from West Bromwich stop on Harborne Road at the junction with Abbey Road, BCBP is a short walk down Abbey Crescent before turning left into Pottery Road.
* Buses from Northfield stop on Hurst Road at the junction with Pheasant Road, BCPC is a short walk up Hurst Road, turn right into Abbey Crescent before turning left into Pottery Road.
- To/from Wolverhampton: 126. Stops on the Wolverhampton Road & then 10 min walk
- Any bus coming along the Hagley Road, e.g. 9, to the Bearwood Bus Station, 5 Minutes walk to the Bear Tavern pub and catch the 127, 128 or 129 just around the corner on Three Shires Oak Road.
- From Selly Oak: 11C. Stops at the top of Lordswood Road and Bearwood Road. Take connecting bus from Bearwood Bus Station, or stay on the 11C until you reach the Bear Tavern pub and catch the 127, 128 or 129 on Three Shires Oak Road.
- From Handsworth: 11A. Stops in Sandon Road, Bearwood, change for the 127, 128 or 129 on Three Shire Oaks Road.
USEFUL TRAVEL WEBSITES