However we can fall back into patterns that seem to make things worse even though we desperately want them to be better.
Couples counselling can help you to explore better ways of relating to each other, and help to interrupt the blame cycle that many relationships end up going round and round in. That treadmill can leave us feeling misunderstood, unappreciated, hurt, angry, a failure and wanting someone to agree with us that the other person is in the wrong. Both people get to feel worse and worse until someone capitulates or walks out. Neither usually offers a good resolution.
- My partner’s always criticising me.
- I seem to do all the supporting.
- He just won’t talk about things, & particularly feelings.
- She’s so needy.
- I try to talk about things but she just gets upset.
- I feel like I’m walking on eggshells all the time.
- We both agree we need marriage counselling.
- He/She had an affair and I don’t know how to forgive that.
To read the full article on couples counselling click here.
If you would like to look at any issues in a safe and confidential place with an experienced counsellor, or have any queries you would like to clarify, contact the Centre on 0121-429-1758.
If you would prefer us to call you back please put your contact details here.