- Tiredness / Trouble getting off or staying asleep
- Churning stomach
- The need to go to the toilet frequently / or diarrahoea
- Cold or sweaty hands / feet
- Heart palpitations ‘ trembling
- Numbness or “pins and needles” in arms, hands or legs
- Excessive, ongoing worry and tension
- An unrealistic view of problems / Irritability
- Headaches / difficulty concentrating / memory effected
- Chest pains
If you present to a medical setting with these symptoms you may well be offered some medical treatment for the symptoms, or indeed told there is nothing physically or medically wrong. It is naturally important to find psychological support to address the anxiety, where you are aware that this is something that affects you and may be the cause.
To return to main Anxiety article click here.